Security & Identity Protection
An educated consumer is the best customer! Fraudulent activity cannot be completely eliminated, but through consumer education, the risk of falling prey to these criminals can be greatly minimized.
Keep your personal information private. Financial institutions will never send emails requesting personal information. They will never ask you to "verify " information in this manner. They will never ask you to click on a special link to do so. Do not surrender your personal information through emails, telephone calls you receive, or mail responses.
To increase consumer awareness and provide information on various scams, Bank of Lancaster has provided the following Consumer Safety Tips:
Identity Fraud Fast Facts
Did You Know...?
- 13.1 million identity theft victims
- Identity theft claims a new victim every two seconds
- 1 in 5 breach victims experience fraud
Identity Theft 911®
A Safer Identity is Just Ahead: Find out more here!
Continuous monitoring and personalized fraud protection for every part of your life
Identity Theft 911® is a comprehensive identity protection and management service from an industry-leading provider. The service delivers:
- Credit and fraud monitoring through Web-based services that scour millions of identity records and alert you to potential issues
- Proactive educational resources for learning how to minimize risks before a crime occurs
- Unlimited identity theft recovery assistance from dedicated fraud specialists with a 99 percent customer satisfaction rate
- Document and identification replacement for critical items stolen or lost in a natural disaster.
Making your world more secure... with Text Fraud Alerts.
We are always looking for new ways to stop fraud faster and with SecurLock™, an enhanced fraud prevention tool, we can do just that! As a Bank of Lancaster customer, you are automatically enrolled in SecurLock™ Communicate.
We’ve always monitored your account for fraud, but now we can quickly text you if there is a transaction that has been identified as potential fraud. If you receive a fraud alert message, simply respond whether the transaction was yours or not. Most accounts suspected of fraud will be blocked. If you respond back to the text message or email that the transaction is valid, the block will be removed but in some situations it can take up to 5-10 minutes.
SecurLock™ Communicate Frequently Asked Questions